Wednesday 24 July 2013

Change Vs Career....Nigeria in view

"Most people use change to promote their career while a few use their career to promote change" words uttered by Sarah Palin during a speech. She was the republican candidate for Vice president and also Governor for Alaska before resigning.
Most people viewed her as a "rookie", some said she was "wet behind the ears and she didn't know politics, Whichever sides they took, she was celebrated. Her name has gone into the history books for being the first Female governor and Republican candidate for vice president.
I will like to state that I take a liberal stand. I have no affinity for any political party. I am only a concern citizen of Nigeria.
In Nigeria, I'm yet to see one who will use his/her career to promote change Most of our leaders use change to promote their career and the downward trend in national affair is proof of this.
 During elections, their campaigns and speeches have a predictable trend...
"If you elect me, I will provide water, electricity, roads, good health facility, education"....
All of which should be basic right for citizen. Their dangling carrot promises quickly forgotten like a patient suffering amnesia when they assume office.
I will like to see a governor,senator, president, local governor chairman, house of representative, or persons of authority use their career to promote change In Nigeria.

I'm tired of the merry-go-round ride already!!!!!






1 comment:

  1. like the carrot dangling technique, if they give the carrot, which would they dangle in the next election, that carrot is only meant to be dangled , never eaten.

    ReplyDelete