Tuesday 30 December 2014

2014: My Terrible year

*beep* rushing quickly to grab my phone from heaven knows where I put it. Frantically searching now, my heart pounding, hoping and praying that when I eventually find the damn phone, the message will soften the harsh lines on my forehead.

This basically summarises the first six months in 2014. What I never told anyone is how I scrapped to survive those months. But how can you be inspired if I  don't share the whole story... here, lemme begin



I told everyone in my previous employment that I was leaving, I had gotten another job, and as it should be, they all presumed the pay was a lot better than what I earned, and who was I to doused their excitement with the truth. Or you could say that I played along because I didn't want their pity or their scorn either. I had a golden plan. I had worked at it before I sent in my resignation, called up my accounting knowledge to balance my sheets. I muttered to myself "you're a scrapper, you'll be fine" when I was done, but gosh, it was hellish. My savings was barely enough for my cab fare. I stopped driving because I was spending so much on fuel. I had to choose between food and taking the bus or starving and riding in my car.
Gosh, I forgot I never said why I was going through all this.
Okay, I accepted the position of an intern and I had to start over, comprende? imagine me! After two and a half years as an engineer start all over again! I'm sure you must be thinking "Nancy, are you crazy?" Or "did someone do jazz for you? Well I must tell you that I accepted the position with my two 'korokoro' clear eyes.
So, I began and my internship lasted six months; months of grueling work with a paltry sum.
My oh my...when I look back on those months, I wonder how I survived. How I could put on a smile and act like I was still earning the same thing. But I must confess, I cried myself to sleep, asking God if I made a wrong choice, if I'd regret the decision I made. What I didn't know at the time was that I was been prepared for something big and I had to go through the fire to be ready.

2014 was terrible and remains the best year yet. I was inspired by this verse in James about being fortunate to undergo trials.
If you think you've had it rough,look to the sky for silver lining cos I sure have seen mine, the last quarter of the year.

Whatever you do, don't give up, cos if I did, I sure wouldn't be sharing this with you. I'm better off, my decision paid, I struck gold and I hope that you have been touched reading this as it was not an easy decision to make, putting all this out here.
I don't know what 2015 will bring, but I've got my war paint on, camo boots on and guns cocked and ready to blaze.

But before it comes, I'm thankful to God for seeing me through and I know that he's up there smiling and reminiscing on how much of a spoilt whiny brat I was. Thank you for being you and for indulging me all the name calling, I couldn't see past my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment