Thursday 25 July 2013

Cupid's latest conquest


It started out like every other workday would. "I get out of  bed- iron my clothes- shower and hit the  road. But he (cupid) made sure it wouldn't end the way it should.

I should probably spill ...before you topple off your seat...
Hmm...
During lunch break, my colleague and I decided to eat at a restaurant we just discovered.
We got in, sat, ordered and  lingered after we had cleared the food off our plates.

This is where the story begins to get awkward.

As we made to leave the restaurant, I heard someone call out my name . I raise my head to see who did.
You know what? the  vision before me made my heart beat go flip flop..
 This dude( name with held, like I would even write his name) that I had the hots for way back but wouldn't admit sauntered towards me.
"How are you, good to see you"..I smiled and extended my hands quickly to avoid the hug I saw coming .
"Good, very happy I bumped into you"...my lost but found hottie replied putting his other free hand into his pocket to retrieve his phone.
"Can I have your number, so we could keep in touch"
"hell-to-yes you can" charlie(voice) in my head answered in my stead
Ha!!! My poker face act was superb...
Just when, I'm thinking  " I won this hand", I see his hand....precisely his fourth finger...that shinny round piece  of metal silently mocking me.

If this was Cupid's idea of a joke , it went right over my head.






1 comment: