Sunday 1 September 2013

The Other Woman

I fell head long at first sighting
Now I'm asking
Weren't there warning signs?
Or I just turned blind to it
As many would the blinking yellow on a traffic light
Slow down or crash it bellows
Well..crash I did
Into this abysmal state
Sitting and waiting besides my telephone
Would you call?
Would you call me baby like you always do when I answer?
Stolen kisses plague my memories
Your scent now turning musty on the sheet invade my dreams
Though you were never mine
I waited, it's just a matter of time
Your parting words when you leave
Yes, unto these words I cleave
Now, you tell me it is over
That you never meant to hurt me
I love you, you say
But try to move on..you deserve better
All I deserve, a letter?
Sent by you,
How do I tell your son that his father never knew
That I waited to share the news but you never came
That all I was to you was...the other woman.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely piece...thought stirring too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babe you write so much from the heart, one would think u go through every phase u write about......but I know better. U just a damn good writer

    ReplyDelete