Saturday 20 July 2013

Charity begins at. ...The Soup Kitchen

I'm writing on my first major charity volunteering with soup kitchen's team.

We played host to the children of Makoko community in Yaba, lagos state.

There was food and there was food! I thought we wouldn't have kids  come seeing  as we started somewhat later than we wanted.

But Lawd have mercy!!! We were swamped!

The whole scene made me weep ( observe the tense)  for the future of these kids, will they make it out of this slum? seeing as our government would rather pass bills to make  child marriage legal than  make ones that will enable kids such as this child (picture below)have a shot at a good future.
 
Will he be  amongst those whose story would give drake's "started from the bottom now we here" the intended meaning  ...I sincerely hope so.


I will like to thank Ayomide Fawole and the volunteers for coming out, supporting and donating towards making the soup kitchen for Makoko children and parents a huge success!☆☆☆☆☆☆
see more pictures..All the way down

For the haters, ..borrowing a line from M.I
"Have you eaten today...so why are you hating....






















2 comments:

  1. Nice one Nancy!. Its a great thing you and your pals have done. Every little counts in a country like ours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one, may God replenish u guys a thousand folds

    ReplyDelete