Friday 14 November 2014

Life



If I had a note for all the pains
I‘ve felt in life, I’d have built a wall,
stronger than the Berlin to hold off
the needle point daggers aimed at me
but what good would
that have brought me?
trapped in a fortress
with no trap door to escape
the loneliness laid
by bricks fashioned
to keep company away.
Life is unfair, but in fairness,
It has schooled me
in the art of survival.
A chameleon to combat
the changing tides,
I’ve become a wave
that’s not afraid to crash
and retreat to gather strength
the reason I have
multiple personality, is no treason
to them who see it as an affliction.
I wear it proudly.
So the next time you see me
act in the style worthy of a woman
whose accent is thicker
than a brogue, don’t be alarmed.
A wise woman told me,
there is no gain without pain
now, I relish the shots
as an addict and ride on the high
wings spread and feel the winds beneath my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment