Wednesday 2 July 2014

Freebiemanic

I have been doing a lot of budget check and balance. I'm looking for a roof over my head and mehn...Landlords in Lagos are not frowning, they are the knights of gloom ( what this my two korokoro eye haven't seen). Since I'm on a budget, some things have to give and as a babe that loves to look sharp all day, err day, longer throat dey do me strong thing.

I want a car  jalope and I went on-line to check. Oh my gangster! I saw cars....but I had to remind myself; how I'd drink garri, trek to the island from the mainland and put a tag on my chest saying that I'm deaf and dumb when I run out of garri. I had to respect my old age and filter to the ones that fit my budget and also cover my shame a lil. 

But then fine things can like to chase fine people... hehehe


I saw beautiful clean, spotless cars for a ridiculous prices ( if I write the price, your jaw will drop). I paused my mouse pointer on the screen, did all the double, triple checks to verify that what my eye was seeing wasn't a mirage, that if I looked closely, I'd see the trick. 

ermm... Bros. I hail una...

How people fall for this trickery is beyond me, a recent car model going for #200,000. ahn-ahn!!! make una dey fear God na. Sha, I say make I see na abi, you never know until you try ( pardon my excuse, I know its transparent)

So I called the dude up with the number on the site( don't know whether I should give up the name) and did the introduction. Apparently the maga( not me tho) thought "Thank you Lord for anwering my prayers and sending me my daily bread" . we got talking and all that was needed from me before I could inspect the vehicle was a permit and I'd have to pay some money into a bank account. 

The alarm bells that went off in my head pass ambulance own! playing along, I asked how much I would pay and he said in a demure way " my daughter, it is 65K" 

Ghen Ghen..Action movie. Take 2.

Bros abeg you didn't get that part right, we need to act the scene again. " please come again" I said " how much did you say I'd pay". The prick was right on the money, he got his act right this time and delivered in that confident swaggish way that would definitely have won him " Best actor " for the movie "how to defraud a mumu" .

"Ok" I replied, "I'd get back to you in 10 but in the meantime, could you send me your email so I could scan the document to you. 
Seeing as he had the hook on me, he thought why not reel her in and stop wasting time and go for the kill. " my daughter" he said, "you shouldn't waste any time, cos you know theses cars have been impounded and we've been mandated to sell them off". I would have made my dad proud as I had my mumu role down pat. " Yes Sir, I will. Thank you so much for your help, please don't forget to send me your email".

True to form, he did and gosh what a laugh.
His email address: Nigeriancustomauction2014@yahoo.com. you can say what you are thinking again. Yahoo yahoo...
shebi na jeje the guy sidon im own when I call am dey look for oshofree! but as an Edo babe, I nor fit carry last na. 

 So what did I do?

  • Sent a fraud alert to the administrators of the site, warning them of fraudsters that are using their site for selfish benefits.
  • Searched the web for Custom's directory so I could lay my complaint and hope that one would be caught. That I believe that could serve as a lesson for others . However, the number is an Abuja land-line and I couldn't connect.
But I guess the first and only person to be held responsible if the shit hits the roof is YOU. If you fall for such nonsensical bullshit that makes Patience speech look pale in comparison, then you are greedy and greed can only be your undoing.

For all the freebiemaniac out there..learn from my experience and please shine ya eye well....







2 comments:

  1. Lwkmd, the dude didn't know he had met his match .lol. almost fell for one on olx too

    ReplyDelete
  2. since the cat has been let out. that was the site I checked and they have flooded it. claiming to be sergeants working for the Nigerian customs service. I was hounded daily and when I was tired of listening to his crap, told the dude that he is a fraudster and he should go get an honest to goodness paying job.

    ReplyDelete