Saturday 24 May 2014

My First Date

12a.m, Jan 1st 2013
I’ll remember this date always,
Cos it was the day I had my first date with Him
The date of the crossover to my Passover.
When all was silent, His voice was resplendent
“Be still, and know I’m God’
And so I heeded to the one, my heart I'd seeded
into his care, casting my worries in his lair.
Click…click
9-12-15-22-5-25-15-21
The combination which unlock access into his safe…ty
“I love you” it translates in words
I’m with you, though you will doubt
and you’ll be tempted to go another route
Just stay strong, the world will tell you wrong
“Curse him” he has abandoned you

with no manna after the dew.
I’m the giver of all things new
all I require is your allegiance to bring about your renaissance
And so I surrendered like a captive but receptive of my captor’s advances
Looping his strength with mine, cos Him alone is thine
And so I waited… 
Days dragged on and the time crept along slow
mocking my resolve to evolve.
But I serve the author of time itself
Him whom is infinite in majesty himself
Who spoke of my travail and is confident I’ll prevail
So why should I fear that leaving all behind will bring nothing but tear
And so I waited…
more than the watchman waits
Ready to eat of the meal from the table he’ll set before all
to see that my cup runneth over with his goodness never small
and when it was time… time felt shame
for the name calling and blame game
cos now, I’m the most sought after
my mouth full with rejoicing and  laughter
His words are being fulfilled right here on this earth
the promises he made on that first night…dousing my fear with tender care
reminding me he is Lord, my shepherd
of this I testify…that
I’m a testimony of his unselfish alimony
To all his children
Cos he wrapped me so tight, I suffocated from his hug
He’s my hommie, I’m his thug

No comments:

Post a Comment