Tuesday 11 February 2014

How to fix the fixers

I know that there are a lot of girls that still get harassed by boys in the name of street toasting. what do you do when asking them to stop following you falls on deaf ears? do you cuss, shout to attract attention?. Having the best arsenal is all you need. well, these are my two tips and remember, they are tested, tried and bookmarked.

Play with your phone: They call them smartphones for a reason. with the amount used in purchasing them, they should get you out of any crisis!! when you find yourself in  a situation that you don't want to handle, Mr smartphone should rescue you.
when you sense that you are being followed and you are in no mood to play the I-don't-want-to-talk card or use the stony silence approach, whip your phone out, scroll through your contact like you intend calling, press the dial button and start talking. works for me all the time

The downfall is that you should a real imaginative mind, have a range of topic in mind, never break, else Mr stalker will pounce( all he needs is a small window), also pray you don't have a real call come through.

Use Threat: Okay, I don't mean physical threat. just some made up threat. I live in a secured place where we have security guards manning the gates. On my way back from work, I had this dude following me. I was too tired to play with my phone. so I just turned to him and said "would you like me to tell the guards that you are a thief trying to rob me?" immediately he retreated. I would suggest the faint of heart or Lilly livered ones don't try this except you mean it. your body language, the scowl on your face should translate that you mean to carry it out.

The downside is that you should know the territory you are in and you should gauge the size of your opponent.

P.s  like "meds", take doctor's advice.don't ignore warning signs.
P.P.s: I have done my neighborly bit. so go out and take over the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment