Monday 30 December 2013

Burden of life

Some place in my part of the world and somewhere in another geographical time zone, "John Doe" and Jane Doe are right now taking stock of their achievements. A roller coaster ride of fleeting thoughts going round in their heads. I certainly don't think anyone is high fiving themselves and I may have said okaygoeasyonyourself if I wasn't doing the same thing
This feeling is usually brought on as the tide turns, the realization that the year is indeed ending.



I am a big fan of introspection, going into my inner being and most times drawing strength from the inside. It is hard to remain unfazed when life is certainly not fair and I am constantly dueling to gain the upper hand. It is unequivocally a daunting task and it's a no mean feat to say that I haven't cracked under the pressure (trust me I have toyed with the idea of kicking the bucket)

I titled this post the Burden of life. Note that I wrote burden in the singular form. There are so many names to substitute it with:#wahala,#eru, # load (forgive me, but I can't remember what it is called in Ishan). For universality, I'd stick with that which we can all agreed/subscribe on/ to.

I hope I will not sound like a two goody shoes preacher but truth is a mean son of a gun. being a perfect being can be a little too hard, wanting to keep my faith, strive to uphold a spiritual height and still want to look cool in the eyes of the world, lying in between my teeth, evading questions about my ..... (pardon, it is embrassing to write this) and put up the hard "miss independent" font as I like to call it, or some other fancy name but truly yearn for the right man to come swiftly. "Why is he slow, can't he have charmed shoes or a GPS tracker that could get him to me or locate my coordinate quickly" are questions that aren't strangers to my thoughts.

This is just a slice, the biggest is not being able to achieve that I was set to do. The fear of failure keeps me up at night. It is akin to waking up from a nightmare; sweaty and scared that the boggey man isn't under the bed.

I'm told fear is healthy but it's what you let it become that matters. Should one allow it to take the drivers seat, or tell it to allow you drive?

Life is an endless race, well until we say bye to earth.. There is rivalry amongst siblings, even friends you think you can trust and would lay down their life (just went overboard) end up back stabbing, marriages are failing, uprising everywhere, discord amongst nations and death threat in political circles. You'd wonder why one hasn't gone crazy yet.

The will to survive is stronger, and the strength comes from knowing that where I am now is a step closer to fulfilment. Jesus' torture on the way to calvary summons it, every step he took was a step closer to his destiny; getting nailed to resurrect on the third day. I pretty much want to think he was telling himself this "I can do it, even though this people are ungrateful for all I have done, they will believe when they hear that I rose from the dead"( this is subject to my own view).

There is probably no need to get into the when life throws you a lemon, make a lemonade speech. However, one of the best lines I discovered this year is this
PRACTICE ISN'T WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU ARE GOOD, IT IS WHAT YOU DO TO BE GOOD. So when life throws a mean punch, be sure to duck and give a good comeback everytime, face the challenges heads on remembering that life is too short to live with regrets.

The burden will be heavy and the weight might press on you, that you'd want to give up and give in, remember that there is someone who you can cast your burden on.(no joke).
It is not over until the big guy says so.

Here's to an amazing year, I started my blog this year, really grateful for the comments and views. boy, you can't imagine the humbling feeling I get when I see my page viewed in different parts of the continent.

Thanks guys for not making me seem like a Burden

2014 is just around the corner and I wish you all an amazing year. Never forget to live more, love more, laugh often, cry less, pray more, belive more and trust that it will turn out right.

As for me, I hope the right guy is right around the corner...he he hehe.


No comments:

Post a Comment