Wednesday 27 November 2013

Holiday is coming!!!





Holiday is coming
No more morning alarms
No more traffic build up
Goodbye colleagues,Goodbye clients
I am going to spend my jolly Holiday.

This is the remix of the song we sang on the assembly ground in primary school right before we took off for Christmas. we sang with so much enthusiasm and our smiles were wider than any toothpaste advert. I still feel that way, I am still a child to my mother. hehehe..( oya I know at my marriageable age..).

I smell Christmas even though it has a mix of carbon in the air, Christmas like we have been told is a time to give, give and give some more.I am not about to poke holes in this old saying ( okay I am)but common people should we wait for the season before we do any charitable act?  it is like saying I'd  wait for breast cancer awareness day before I have my breasts examined ( sick or sic?).

Remember those resolutions we made at the beginning of this year? did you stick to them or you gave the deville side of you the ropes, allowing him/her whisper into your ears" don't worry, tomorrow is another day", stroking your ego whilst you drag your feet on perhaps life changing decisions. oya get up, the year hasn't ended..*pours holy water on your head*

Remember how we used to anticipate the new dress. dreaming of how to do yanga with it. have we lost the child in us or we have thrown that child in the dungeon under locks and heavily guarded. When was the last time you bought yourself a dress for Christmas..and I mean Christmas not the dress you bought for your birthday or those occasion you needed to look good for and perhaps made heads literally fall off and eyes balls pop out of the sockets of people that saw you in the dress..

Back to the present..no more  flash backs

This holiday is a new chapter, think about it like it is a memoir, an autobiography. what is going to be written on this chapter; Boring, sad, happy, colorful, lies or maybe the downright hideous things..but the truth is, it is all up to you to fill the pages.

My advice, Splurge, have fun, Give because you can not because you have to and smile, you lived to see the end of the year..That is no mean feat..( I know we would still be here come 2014). and one more thing or two more
BE SAFE., STAY SAFE, HELP OTHERS STAY SAFE. there are implied meanings to this, if you are smart you will catch on. hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment