Wednesday 19 June 2013

Her mama lives on

Mama...
Calling your name out loud brings tears to my eyes
But knowing I can still talk to you lifts the veil of sadness
Memories is all people say I can hold unto
Yet i feel you close when I lay in bed overwhelmed with grief
Telling me in that soothing voice I have come to listen to(for): I am here, everything will be alright.

Mama...
If I could rewind the hands of time
You'd still be here
You are the sun in my world
Having you gone; I am left groping in the dark
My arms are outstretched
Looking for guidance
Yet when I remember your smile,
My world regains balance

Mama...
Words are not enough to describe your influence in our lives
Thoughts are not enough to build an edifice to show the world your greatness
Yet your name: inscribed with an indelible pen in our hearts
Your face; a permanent imprint in our minds
I will always cherish the moments spent with you

No comments:

Post a Comment